Saturday, December 17, 2011

Glue Emergency.






When I have a small amount of zonked glue at the bottom of the container it drives me barmy.  Here is what I do:

1. Put all the PLASTIC containers and a small bowl of water into the microwave for 1 minute.
2. I pour the now melted and rather thin glue from all the jars into one of the nicer containers.
3. I rejoice because I have enough glue to finish a project. I am now not in tears but blooming happy.





If I use that glue up I get my pan out and make glue. The recipe for an emergency blob is:

1. 1 cup 2% milk
2. 4 tablespoons of distilled white vinegar
3. A pinch of baking soda

Mix milk and vinegar in a pan and stir. Do not let it boil. When the mixture becomes curdled remove from heat. Pour the mixture through a coffee filter (I don't use them so I used my vintage coffee pot basket) and separate the curds from the liquid. Stir a pinch of baking powder into the curds mixture to create the glue consistency that you want for your glue.  EASY PEASY.




Here is another thing I do with glue that you probably do too but here it is:

I have never loved glitter until I used it to make 5"x 3" glass table numbers for a wedding last June.  I used a wide (2")  paint brush and hand painted a 2" x 4" number on each pane of glass. (there were 22 tables so I had to use wider panes for the two digit numbers). I generously poured glitter over the glue painted number and tapped off the excess right away. The bride placed the glass signs against a clear glass vase and illuminated the table numbers with candles. It was luvvly jubbly.






Use a tiny paint brush to dab/paint  glue to add shimmer to your vintage Christmas card.





It just adds a little touch of twinkle to the image. I cut these cards up. Yesterday I cut up a vintage card for a friend that read "Have a GAY Christmas". Now that one is really dated.


Ta, xo J

No comments:

Post a Comment