Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Red Velvet Belted coat for a talk and walk.

Today is a rainy but warmer day. I am getting ready to go meet a bestie to talk and walk. I am going to wear a super cute coat.



I found this coat at a Thrift Store that I feel guilty shopping at. It is called Thrift Haven and most things are $1.00. I always pay more to ease my guilt. This coat was $2.00. It is a White Bear of St. Paul vintage nylon quilted car coat. It has a bright pink lining. It was a size 16.
I took 8" off the back of the coat by making a simple seam up the back (including the lining). I usually always put extensions in all my sleeves when I remodel. I used the fabric from the back of the coat to create the extensions. I tailored the sleeves of the coat to create a slimmer and warmer design. I always install (seam ripper is the tool to use!) a thumb hole to add a cozy fit over my gloves.  (I copied my favorite running top from Lululemon).
The outstanding part of the coat is that the belt loops are still attatched so I made a red velvet belt to make it super cute. I think it is smashing!

I am off to my girl power walk.
Ta, xo J

3 comments:

  1. I just hopped on over from Dulcy's. I look forward to checking out more of your fun projects...love the blog!
    Hugs!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...I too just came over from Dulcy's...Your blog is so cute and I look forward to visiting you again.....

    Hugs and blessings,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessy! So pleased to meet you here in blog land! Dulcy gave us the heads up! I am looking forward to getting to know you better and seeing more of your fabulous creations!
    Merry Christmas!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete